Friday, October 3, 2008

By a pricking of my thumbs....





October is here! that means that the long hot summer has gone (mostly) and it is time to start the holiday season!
I never realized how much I enjoyed Halloween until I had children. On September 30th I was told that it was time to decorate for Halloween . I dragged all the bins (6!) down and the kids and I spent the next 2 hours putting up the decorations. They had so much fun decorating. As a mother, I was so happy for their enthusiasm....as someone with a little bit of taste I was cringing as they decorated their way. There were place mats placed on the ground "Look, a perfect path!", and pumpkins spread willy nilly throughout the house. I bit my tongue and just told them how excellent it all looked. Then as they rested their weary bones I went and made it look a little more conventional....oh and I washed the place mats!

0 comments: