Monday, May 10, 2010

Cali is 6!

Six years ago and 5 weeks early I had an emergency c-section because Cali was too impatient and wanted to GET OUT NOW! My Dr. was great and told us what to expect... that she would probably be in NICU for awhile and that we were hoping that she would be home in a week or 2. They did the c-section and out comes this tiny little baby and then she let out this really big cry and the NICU were sent on their way as my Dr. exclaimed hmmm nothing wrong with her lungs after all. I was then told that since she was so tiny 4.09 that she would not have the strength or maturity to know how to nurse. About 3 minutes after that she was nursing like a champ. A day and a half after I had her we left the hospital (I HATE hospitals).
Cali has been true to her birth day she is loud and has a lot of energy and does not like to wait for anything. She has a very single minded determination and will decide that she wants to do something (jump roping, handstands, walking on her hands) and she will practice 24/7 until she has figured it out.
She is a great helper and loves to surprise me by cleaning up a room out of the blue. Somehow my uncreative, uncrafty self gave birth to a very girly girl who loves art and crafts (and is good at it too).
She has her Dad wrapped around her finger. Her and I have already had a number of arguments about hair and clothes...at 5!!
She keeps us entertained and we love her so much she is so full of life and our family would be so empty without her.
WE LOVE YOU CALI HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

0 comments: